The Romanesco cabbage is a mixture of cauliflower and broccoli. It is very easy to find it in the market and recognize it because it attracts attention for its pineapples, which are more structured than those of other cabbages and their intense green color.
Many people do not know how to cook Romanesco cabbage.The most usual is to prepare cooked or steamed, although you can also take it raw.
- 1 Romanesco cabbage
- 1 kilo of natural tomato
- 3 scallions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 slices of Serrano ham
- Extra olive oil
You will need to:
- An oven and a baking tray.
- Paper that is specific to ovens.
- Two frying pans
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
1.The first step of this recipe for Romanesco cabbage is to take the baking tray that has to be lined with paper so that the surface is well covered. On top of it, place the serrano ham slices stretched and separated. Once it is finished, the oven paper is needed again to put a layer that covers the slices so they do not burn while baking at 160 degrees for 30 minutes. After this time, they are removed from the oven, allowed to cool and stored for later use. The crispy ham is ready and we will use it to decorate the plate.
2. While the ham is baked, the tomatoes are taken after washing and drying well. In each of them, you have to make a cut in the lower part in the form of a cross. You should also remove the peduncle or green corner that you have in the upper area. After this step, take a casserole and put it with water to boil. Once it has reached the boiling point, they are placed inside to scald the tomatoes. When they are already, let cool a little to be able to peel and chop into small dice, which will be left to drain so that they release all the liquid they could catch in the cooking.
3.The preparation of tomato sauce is the next step of that recipe for Romanesco or Romanescocabbage. In a frying pan, add a little oil and add two peeled garlic cloves and chopped onions to poach. Then, the tomatoes and a pinch of sugar and another of salt are incorporated. Normally, it will take about 30 minutes to simmer. Occasionally, stir with a wooden spoon so that it does not stick.
4. While the tomato is being made, time is taken advantage of to work with Romanescocabbage. The first step is to wash and cut it, but respecting its pineapples. Then place it in a pan with water and a little salt to cook between 6 and 8 minutes. It does not have to be very cooked. Rather it has to be a little hard and with the firm pineapple. After removing it from the fire, it should drain well.
5. The last step of the recipe for cooking Romanesco cabbage with tomato and ham is to place and give the final touch. To do this, we take a plate, which can be deep or flat, depending on whether you want to put more or less sauce. On top of it, place a layer of bottom with the tomato sauce that we have prepared and put the Romanesco cabbage cooked on top. The two cloves of garlic that remain, you have to laminate and brown in a pan with a little olive oil. When they are, pour over the cabbage and also a little more tomato sauce and give the final touch with the crispy ham to garnish. Normally, the slice is placed vertically on top of the cabbage, but you can opt for another form of decoration that you like or to cut the crispy and add it to the tomato as if they were croutons in a soup.
If you want to read more similar articles to How to cook Romanesco cabbage – easy and delicious recipe,we recommend you to enter our Food category.
- To make tomato sauce, it is better to choose the one that comes in branch.
- The slices of Serrano ham have to be cut very thin. It is better if you remove the bacon so that the dish is healthier and does not have so much fat.
- The Romanesco cabbage should not be left to boil for more than ten minutes so that the pineapples or bouquets do not fall apart.
Article Source:Tape Daily